Van Gogh Flowers

 

Description - When beginning this activity, the instructor placed different pictures that Van Gogh had painted. Everyone was able to pick one of the pictures that they had on the board to draw based off of. I chose one that had sunflowers in it. I began by lightly tracing my flowers with a pencil. Once I was done with that, I began painting my picture. While I was painting, I used a fork to create the movement in my picture. I had to make sure that I created the lines while I was painting. I begin painting the flowers first and made the lines when I got done with one of the flowers. Then, I began painting the stem and used the fork to create the lines once I was done painting parts of the stem. Finally, I painted the background of the image. I would paint in small sections and create the movement as I was going along.

Extension Activity - Another activity that I would do with painting is having the students create a Van Gogh painting using rice and paint. The students sketch out what they want to do on construction paper. Once they are done sketching out their design, the students will take white rice that has not been cooked and glue it in different directions according to their sketch. When they are done gluing the rice, they would let the rice dry to the paper. After the rice is dried to the paper, they will paint the rice using different colors to march how they would like their drawing to look. They can use darker colors to create more movement.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pinch Pot Monster

The Dot

Printmaking Design