Kindness Hands

 

Description - To begin this activity, I traced both of my hands on a white sheet of construction paper. I picked six different colors of oil pastel; three cool colors and three warm colors. Then, I used the warm colors on one hand and created about an inch thick of a line using one and rotating them till if filled my hand. After that, I used a piece of a paper towel to blend those colors together. I repeated those steps using the cool colors on the other hand. When was done blending both of the hands, I cut the hands out. I then used glue to glue the hands to to top of my black piece of construction paper. While the hands were drying to the paper, I picked a letter out of the given letters that were one a scratch thing and scratched the 'k' using a small wood stick. I had to use at least three different shapes or lines to create my 'k'. The scratch thing was a sticker, so I just peeled it and put it on the black construction paper. I then cut out a smaller white piece of construction paper, wrote the rest of the letters for kindness on it and clued it to the black construction paper. Once I was done with writing the word kindness, I cut out a bigger rectangle of white construction paper and wrote "what does kindness mean to me?" on it. I wrote three things that kindness means to me and glued it to the black construction paper. 

Extension Activity - An extension activity that I could do would be to use white construction paper, a black sharpie, and oil pastels. I would have the students draw random lines on the white construction paper using the sharpie. The lines could be in any direction and cross over each other. They have to draw at least ten different lines. Once the students are done drawing the lines, they would use at least three different shades of one color of oil pastels and fill in one of the white spots between the lines. They would color using the shades of the color and fade them from dark to light. When they fill in the line, they will use a paper towel and blend the colors together. They will continue to do this with different colors and fill in all of the white spots. They can't have the same colors touching.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pinch Pot Monster

The Dot

Printmaking Design