Footprint Introduction


Description - For this project, I had to create a footprint design. We traced our feet, wrote our names on our feet, and used at least three different types of mediums to describe who we are. I wrote my name in the center with a black permanent marker. The ABC written with a black permanent marker on the blue construction paper represents me wanting to become an elementary teacher and the blue represents my favorite color. The picture of the state of Minnesota represents where I was born. The arrow drawn with a black permanent marker between the states and the picture of Huron SD represents that I went from living in Minnesota to growing up in Huron. The blue footprint shows that I have a baby boy. The red N colored with a crayon outlined using a black permanent marker is the Northern "N", which is where I hope to graduate from. The leaves drawn with markers on the side represent my love for fall. The family drawn with colored pencils at the bottom is my family: my dad, mom, two older sisters, myself, and one younger brother. The mountains drawn with colored pencils represent how much I love to hike and be active outside. The sports drawn with markers represent different activities that I have participated in in the past. The picture of pasta shows my love for pasta, especially chicken alfredo.

Extension Activity - An extension activity that I would do is an All About Me Handprint Book. In this activity, I would have my students trace their hands on several pieces of paper. On the first hand, they would write their name however they want. On each of the other papers, the students will write, draw, color, or glue different aspects about themselves. They would only put one thing on each of the hands and I would set a minimum that they have to do at least five aspects about themselves and at least two different mediums. For older grades, I would make the minimum larger and have more mediums. Once they are done, then they would tie their pages together to create their handprint book. The students would represent their books to the class.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pinch Pot Monster

The Dot

Printmaking Design