Hidden Safari

 

Description - For this activity, I chose an animal from the choices provided by the teacher. The animal that I chose was a giraffe. After I chose my animal, I drew it onto the white paper. I had to use the upside down drawing technic, which is when you flip the paper upside down and draw it that direction. This helps the students be able to not become stressed by having to draw. I had to draw my animal using a cool color. When I was done drawing my animal. I used three warm colors to draw three different shapes or lines over my giraffe. I started by drawing one shape with one of the colors across the page in a line. I continued to draw the shape until the paper was filled. Then, I chose a different shape and color and did the same steps with that shape. Finally, I chose my last shape and used my last color to complete the steps. Once I was done, I wrote three facts about my animal that would help people figure out my animal and see if they can find my animal. Before we completed the project, we also created glasses. The glasses were created out of clear red paper and construction paper of my choice. We cut the construction paper into a smaller rectangle and cut out the center and bottom in a way that made it look like glasses. We then placed the clear red paper over the construction paper. This helped us be able to look through the glasses and see what our animal was.

Extension activity - A different activity that would be similar to the Hidden Safari activity would be a camouflage activity. This activity would include have the students draw any type of that uses adaptations, like lizards, butterflies, or frogs. The students would draw their selected animal onto a white paper. When they are done drawing their animal, then they would use either all warm colors or cool colors and draw different shapes around and over their animal. They would match their animal to whatever shapes that they used and even overlap the shapes on the animal to the paper. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pinch Pot Monster

The Dot

Printmaking Design