The Dot

 

Description - When I completed this activity, it was around Dot Day. I used a coffee filter as the material to draw and write on. I used sharpie, crayon, markers, and water colors. For my name, I used sharpie to write it. I used maker and created the dots all over my dot. I used crayons and created stars all over, which is hard to see in the picture. Finally, I used the water colors, which is the green and blue. This activity showed how the different art writing materials mix together or stand out when you add water to them. The markers and water colors all mixed together, while the sharpie and crayons rejected the water and didn't bleed together. Other materials that you could have used was colored pencils or oil pastels.

Extension Activity - An other activity that I could do around Dot day would be using a plate, construction paper, and paint. The students will turn the plate over so that the bottom of it is facing up. The students will choose different colors of paint and place dots all over the bottom of their plate. The dots need to be small dots. Then, they will flip the plate over onto the construction paper. The students will place their hand on top of the plate and turn the plate with their hand a few times. When they are done turning the plate, they will life the plate up and see how their colors mixed to create their dots.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pinch Pot Monster

Printmaking Design