3D Monster

 


Description - To begin this acitvity, I folded the face. I folded about an inch on each side in and then glued one side to the background. In order for it ot stand up, I glued the second side in a little bit more than the other side. Once I was done gluing my face, I created the eyes but cutting out circles and adding the design. Then, I used the crimp folding method to create the red strings. I cut my mouth out and glued everything to the face. After I finished the face, I rolled two pieces of a paper into small tubes to create the necks. Finally, I cut the body out and used a sharpie to make pocka-dots on the body.

Extentsion activity - Another 3D activity that I would use is paper sculptures. To begin, the students would cut a piece of cardboard square. The square can be any reasonable size that they would like. After the students get their cardboard square, they will roll up different sizes and lengths of paper. The students can make as many circles as they would like, but it has to fill up the majority of their square. The students will be able to create any design that they would like. Some examples are their first initial of their name, a flower, a random design. Once the students have come up with their design, then they will use glue to glue the paper to the cardboard. The paper would stick out from the cardboard to create the 3D design.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pinch Pot Monster

The Dot

Printmaking Design