Stained Glass Flower

 

Description - For this activity, I began by choosing a picture of an object that was provided by the instructors. After I chose what object I wanted to do, I placed it behind a clear sheet of paper and traced it with a sharpie. Once I was done tracing it, I then used lines to create shapes around the background of my picture. When I was done creating the shapes, I used warm colors to color in my flower. I colored in the flower is the warm color sharpies. After I was done with coloring the flower, I used cool colored sharpies to color in the background shapes. When I was done coloring in the entire background, I used puffy paint to outline my flower. This caused the flower to stand out more than the background. 

Extension Activity - A different activity that I would use with stained glass is by using tissue paper. To begin the activity, I would allow the students to brainstorm what shape they would like to use to create their stained glass. Once they have decided what shape they would like to use, the students will cut the shape out using a variety of colors of tissue paper. After they are done cutting the tissue paper to their desired shape, they would lay a piece of wax paper on their desk and tape it to the desk so that it doesn't move. Then, they would receive a bowl with liquid starch and grab their paintbrush. They will use a little bit of the liquid starch and paint it onto the wax paper. Then, they add the tissue paper and add a little bit more of the starch on top of the tissue paper. They would complete those steps until they have covered their wax paper with all the tissue paper shapes and then let it dry.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pinch Pot Monster

The Dot

Printmaking Design